Sunday, January 11, 2009

mama drama

I broke my little toe Saturday morning. And it hurts like crazy! I was making some coffee and pancakes with Evelyn before Michael got up. I had everything out of the pantry except the vanilla. So I open the door, take a step forward and heard a crack as I feel pain in my left foot. I sounded like a pencil breaking. Not thinking it was more than a stubbed toe, I grab the vanilla, set it on the counter and then took a look at my foot. Oh boy! My little toe was at a right angle from my foot. Seriously! When I had stepped forward, all of my toes must have made it into the pantry except my little one. I sat on the floor, snapped my toe back into place and called for Michael. There must have been a seriousness in my voice because he came flying out of the bedroom to see what the matter was. I told him what had just happened and he sent me to rest on the couch. I rested for a while then decided that I was ok and went ahead and finished up the pancakes, cleaned up the kitchen and did dishes...all while hobbling on on leg. It wasn't until I did some Internet searching later that day that it hit me. I really broke my toe. I need rest. It will take a while to heal. Ug. I was going to start a new workout routine at the gym Saturday too. bummer. So according to google, there is really nothing you can do about a broken toe except wait for it to heal. It can take anywhere from weeks to months to completely back to normal. I know it will be better than it is today, but I have no clue how I am going to take care of Evelyn by myself tomorrow. I can't even walk to the kitchen without struggling and hopping along. Mom, are you busy this week?? =) I will just be happy when I can walk to the bathroom in less than 5 minutes!

I tried to post a picture of the damage, but my computer is not cooperating. Because I just know that everyone is dying to see a photo of a swollen, bruised & ugly toe! (Maybe later if I can get it to work.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. That post made me cringe, i can feel my own toe snapping out of place. Yikes! I hope you heal up quickly!
--Kathy

Melissa said...

Girl, he heard an urgency in your voice??? If it were me, Wes would hear me screaming and crying all the way from his office in downtown Houston! I can't even imagine how painful that must have been. I hope you heal up soon and let me know when you can use some help!