Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cape

So I totally copied Sarah, but I couldn't resist. The ideas was just too cute!


I made a super cape for my niece's birthday last weekend. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture before I gave it away. But no worries....I made another for another niece who has an upcoming birthday in November. (Shawna-if you are reading this, don't spoil the surprise for Ellie! She will get it in the mail soon!) =)


I made both of the capes reversible. One side with a tiara and their initial and the other side with a Superman symbol. Here are pictures of the second cape:






All tied up with a bow and ready to send:

5 comments:

Jason and Sarah said...

It turned out great!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I came across your blog while on a blog-walk today and I really enjoyed reading about your and your family. This cape is so cute!! I am a SAHM and sew as well and thoroughly enjoy it. I have my own business selling some tote bags and such that I've created. Lots of fun!

Anyway, I thought I'd let you know that I stopped by! I didn't want to lurk like some people do!

Take care!

Sarah Smith
Lancaster, CA

Morgan said...

Very cute!

Shawna said...

Oh, Karen, she is going to LOVE it! Did you know that the boys' fall musical (next month) is called "Power", about God's power, and the boys have to wear capes for the show? Ellie will be so excited to have her very own PINK one... and she's already "Super Eddie" in her own mind, you know ;)

Melissa said...

So very cute! :)