Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pottery Barn swap out

I have been on the lookout for a new chair for our living room. We are going fairly modern in our living room, so I thought that a chair with a little bit of a traditional flair would look nice and mix things up a bit. I wanted a "fun" pattern in either green or orange or a combination of both. Of course, the one that I fell in love with is at Pottery Barn. The husband laughed when he saw the price. Literally, he chuckled and looked at me waiting for the punch line! Fortunately, we were both on board that the price was too high. I can't with a good conscience pay this much for a chair when our near future includes red Kool-Aid and muddy little fingers. Dangerous combination. Here is the Pottery Barn inspiration (pretty nice, huh):




So the search continued. I found a similar one at Ikea, but the husband was not a fan. Granted, it wasn't really the right colors (too much yellow and red), but I thought the shape was good and the price was much more in out budget for a chair. Here is the Ikea chair:

The last week and a half I have looked just about everywhere could think of for a chair similar to the Pottery Barn one. The Room Store, Metropolitan Furniture, CB2.com, Crate and Barrel, Home Goods, The Dump, Gallery Furniture, Target, Ashley Furniture, Macy's, and a few other online places. No luck.

That is until yesterday I found this one at target.com. I was actually looking on the site for frames, when I just stumbled upon this. It is REALLY close to the inspiration, the price is right, and I think the husband will approve (although he hasn't seen it yet). They carry a green one and an orange one. I like them both, and they both would fit into the new color scheme of brown, green, and orange. The catch is that you can only order them online and they won't ship for 3-5 weeks. I am not sure I can wait that long! =) Which do you like better, orange or green? Or is it too "girly" for a living room? I need some help here:



Opinions???

(Oh, and we got some furniture for our dining room last weekend! Hooray! I will post some pics after I get the pictures on the wall and find the last few decorations.)

6 comments:

Coffman Family said...

Wow! I pick the green. Love the design!

Jason and Sarah said...

I like the green one! Isn't Target great!

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

I say no way the hubby will agree to the orange, so green it is!!

Erin said...

I, too, vote for green. While the orange is fun, you may find yourself tired of it after a while. Green never gets old.
AND, may I suggest that this chair would be quite easy to slipcover in a kid-friendly, washable fabric b/c it has no arms and no separate cushion. SO EASY!! I'd be glad to help! I've been dying to make a slipcover!!

Anonymous said...

i pick green also :) and maybe you could have smaller items be the orange accent -- liz dammel

Kelly said...

My favorite color is orange, so if it were me I would be all over the orange chair.