Monday, September 8, 2008

6 months

Evelyn turned 6 months old last week. Where did the time go? Everyone that already has kids always tells me how they "grow up so fast" and now I truly believe them! She is getting so big! Here are the things that she is good at now:
  • eating solid foods (her favorites are butternut squash, banana, and avocado)
  • spitting solid foods out of her mouth and onto mommy
  • completely mastered sitting up on her own
  • laughing really hard
  • smiling back when people smile at her
  • making grunting noises
  • saying "ba-ba" over and over and over
  • spitting bubbles out of her mouth
  • crawling (well really scooting, but she gets to where she wants to go...and fast!)
  • still taking two really good naps a day
  • not taking her third nap anymore (i was pretty bummed about this one)
  • getting lots of compliments at the grocery store each week
  • finding her toy basket and dumping it over to get all of the toys out
  • "helping" mommy fold laundry
  • enjoying watching videos of herself...this may be her FAVORITE activity!
  • chewing on the remote control and cell phones
  • and still just being darn cute!!!










3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the laundry picture, so cute! My mom sat Gregory in her laundry basket of clean towels and he had so much fun... they do grow up too fast. I love watching them grow, but it makes me sad at the same time. :) :(

Elliot said...

That's so great that you're recording all this stuff--otherwise you forget it!

I love that I'm categorized under the "I have no idea who they are" blogs. It's true, but funny when you read it.

I heart Seventh Generation diapers as backups too. We use BumGenius and Happy Heinies. And love em!

Rae said...

OOPS! I just posted as my toddler there. Accidentally. Sorry about that!! Hee-hee (he has a blog too, but it's passwd protected for family)