Friday, September 26, 2008

Katy...here we come!!

I am about to leave to go close on our house this morning! Oh my! How exciting! I mean, you only buy your first house once! We won't actually be able to move into the house until next week (since we are doing a lease-back...which means that we will be leasing the house back to the sellers for a week until they close on another house). So I will be sure to post pictures once we are moved in. I am planning on painting the house next Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with my mom. Well, paint as much as we can while watching Evelyn at the same time! Any volunteers wanting to help?!?! =) Right now the WHOLE house is yellow. Yes, yellow. Banana peel yellow. Not bad, but it is a bit overwhelming to see EVERY SINGLE wall in the house the same color!

We are planning on moving next Saturday. We rented a U-Haul and are moving ourselves, with the help of friends. (morgan-let's hope Rob doesn't get hurt again this time!!)

So, right now I am waiting for Evelyn to get up so we can leave. I will be dropping her off at my mom's house and then meeting Michael at the title company. Oh my! =)

4 comments:

Coffman Family said...

Congrats girl! Looking forward to seeing the before and after of the yellow walls!

Morgan said...

yea!!
as far as i know, there aren't any sliding glass doors in this new house, right? if not, i think rob will be fine!! :)

Jason and Sarah said...

Congratulations! How exciting! Where in Katy will you be living?

Melissa said...

Very cool, congratulations! This house is completely yellow too. Sometimes I forget about it and other times, I think, "ugh, I'm ready to be done with these walls!" :P