Monday, June 23, 2008

Elephant art

I have decided that Evelyn is going to like elephants. I am not sure why. I have never been particularly fond of the big animals myself. But I have seen lots of cute elephant items, and I am using the excuse of "Evelyn likes them" to get them for myself!

So the other day Carter's was having a summer sale and I picked up an elephant t-shirt for Evelyn that I, I mean Evelyn, really liked.

I needed to fill up one more wall in her room so I decided to make an inexpensive art project with the elephant t-shirt as inspiration. I headed out to Hobby Lobby and for around $13, I bought the canvas (which was on sale), the paint, and the brushes (which were also on sale). I hand drew the elephant onto paper, traced it onto the canvas and then voila...art. It matches the colors in her room great! What do you think?

t-shirt inspiration








ELEPHANT ART!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your elephant art! What a great idea...
And now you have a comment! :)

Melissa said...

So cute and crafty! I can see that you... er... um, Evelyn has really great taste. :) Welcome to blog world! ;)

Anonymous said...

yea! you have a blog!! as promised, here i am leaving a comment. i love the elephant art! you are so creative. can't wait to see some more pics of miss evelyn and hear what she's up to!

Morgan said...

super cute!! i love it!

liz said...

yeah...welcome to this world karen! way cute art, by the way.

Jason and Sarah said...

Very cute and crafty! I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

Karen, I am so so SO thrilled that you have a blog!! Now we can keep up with each other when we can't connect on the phone. :) If I update....

I love the sweet artwork! I'm actually working on something for our living room, but I don't know how its going to work out--it was so cool in my head, but the execution is not what I hoped. I hope it looks half as good as your elephant!

--Kathy