Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Eventful day = Long post

Last Saturday Michael and I took Evelyn to The Glazery to paint a plate for my mom's birthday. (Grandmas love those kind of things, right?!) Well, I use the word "paint" pretty loosely. Anyway, I would highly recommend going here. The owner is a really nice (and talkative) man with a good story about how he started the place. He used to be an attorney but once he had kids he knew he wanted to work around little ones. So he quit his job and opened up his shop. He LOVES kids and it is obvious. He is very passionate about what he does and has put a lot of love into making his place "kid friendly". In fact, Michael told me that when he went to the back of the shop to wash up, there was a changing table with diapers and wipes to use. Unfortunately, I forgot to get his name. He was so good with Evelyn and she couldn't stop smiling at him, even though she should of been really fussy since it was way past her nap time. He helped us paint Evelyn's feet to put her prints in the middle of the plate. We will definitely be going back to this place. And, I know it is too early to plan for Evelyn, but they do birthday parties too. And as some of you know, Michael is very passionate about small family businesses, since his family owns a bakery in Tulsa and he grew up knowing about all of the struggles that a small business faces. Because of that, he loves to frequent small family-owned businesses and see them succeed.





Then home again and a nap for Evelyn. That evening, we took Evelyn swimming. When we were getting ready to leave, I remembered that she had a princess robe in her closet that she received at one of her baby showers. It had always been too big, but I thought she just may fit into now. Sure enough it fit. It was TOO cute! It had a tiara on the hood of the robe. Now I usually am not a fan of "princess" things, but this one was jut too funny.




When we returned from the pool, I was in the bathroom and noticed that I was only wearing one earring!! Oh no! I must have lost one. These earrings are pretty special. Michael picked them up for me a few months ago when he was in Alaska. They are made of Woolly Mammoth Tusks. Sounds weird, I know, but I think they are really pretty. They look like little cream-colored pearls. I was freaking out. I was sure that I would never find it. So we looked around our apartment for a while then Michael suggest that he go back out to the pool and look. I was not very confident that he would find it at the pool. I mean, the earring is little and white. So, he put his swimsuit back on and left. About 25 minutes later he returned with earring in hand!! Can you believe it! He found it on the pebble cement by the pool! I was VERY happy but still couldn't believe that he actually found it. (this is now the second time he has helped me recover an earring. Last year, I dropped one of my pearl earrings down the bathroom sink. Needless to say, he undid the pipes under the sink and found it!!)

The day's events are not over yet people. So after that fiasco, Michael left for a bike ride. I few minutes later I hear a knock on our door. I had no idea who would come over so late on a Saturday night. It was out new neighbors bringing over a dozen roses for me!! How sweet! They moved in about a month ago and we went over and introduced ourselves that day. Then a few days later I made them some brownies and Michael took them over. But we hadn't heard from them since them. I just assumed the brownies were bad. =) But what a wonderful surprise to get roses! they funny thing is that Michael and I were at HEB earlier in the day and they had a huge table of roses when you walked in the front door. I told Michael I REALLY wanted some roses. Hint, hint. (But Michael has a silly rule: if I ask for something like roses, it will be 6 months before I get it. This is in an effort for me to not ruin surprises he may already be planning.) But, I got my roses anyway!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

What a fun day! Evelyn looks so adorable in her robe- precious! :)

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol buy tramadol 50mg uk - purchase tramadol generic ultram

Anonymous said...

We all have seen just what the last economic depression has done to consumers who have been in debt way over their head [url=http://www.llplongtermloans.co.uk/]long term loans[/url] your 12 month loans Cases might be handsomely paid out to help common stock holders, a case settlement, as well as payments made by the state into a lottery winner http://www.llplongtermloans.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

What must i be doing how to get ready for conference the cost of my own education [url=http://www.dolcz.co.uk/]cheap temporary car insurance[/url] short term car insurance Merely enter the stats mentioned above just like the money you feel loan trouble next the are going to be co-signer to ensure that students loan becomes approved http://www.fasttemporarycarinsurance.co.uk/