Friday, August 15, 2008

house-hunting update

So the search for a house continues. We looked at 4 more houses last night (making that about 15 total houses so far), and speaking for myself, only one of them was "potentially a maybe". (I sure sound confident I want that house, huh?) Anyway, the only reason I am not more excited about it is that it backs up to 99. I mean literally there is a huge sound proof wall in the backyard and the constant hum of cars going by. I don't think it would be too bad during the day, but I am a little concerned that at night we would be quite bothered. Also, what do you do when you kick a ball over the fence? You can't just call the nice people that live behind you to throw it back over. The ball is likely going to look more like a pancake with tires marks on it if you do ever retrieve it from the highway!

And to make it worse, I am getting more and more anxious to get out of this apartment. Between the mold growing in Evelyn's closet, the extremely loud air conditioner that drips water, the slew of bugs I have to kill every morning that sneak in at night, the stompers that live above us that move furniture at 2 in the morning, and the kitchen counter with burns in it (i admit...that one is my fault), I am ready to move!

I said it once and I will likely say it again...this is exhausting!

3 comments:

Jason and Sarah said...

I don't know where you are looking, but my across the street neighbors are moving:) Just wanted to throw that out there:)

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

There's a house for sale on our street too! Living in the commune has many perks, ask Morgan! :)

Morgan said...

your house is out there!